Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tinker bell Socks and an excuse for an Ice Cream outing. Thank youuuu... Tarah..

Something I miss a great deal. I've spent a lot of time around kids since I was a kid and one of my favorite things ever is to just watch and listen to children interact with each other. It is so sweet and tender but can also be so humorous. Kids have no filters. They say what they're thinking, what they want, how they feel without thinking twice about it. Unfortunately, normally when our kids are interacting and communicating with one another it is in Chinese and it's fun to listen and pick the phrases we are familiar with out, but it's not the same AT ALL.

Sweet sweet William today was feeling a bit under the weather I think. It was so odd coming from him only because he is usually flipping off of walls and screaming at a level I didn't think any one could reach. He had his head down on the desk during every class, and I'm pretty sure he fell asleep in almost all of them. Then he threw up during the last rotation and had to go home. Made me realize just how much I love the usual William.

I got my first 'washie washie ' today. In other word, I got my hair washed for the first time today in a Chinese hair salon. It was heavenly. I loved it. Every minute of it. For 15 yuan, you get your hair washed, head massaged, face massaged, neck massaged, hands and arms massaged, shoulders and back massaged, and a rockin' hair styling. Perfect. Excellent. Marvelous. Wonderful. Absolutely Fabulous! I loved it. And somehow, the guy straightened my hair with only a brush and a blow dryer. It was straighter than I've ever gotten it with a flat iron in America. Shen me? How do they do it? I think they're magic. Wo bu zhidao. Probably.

We ventured out from Kaiyin dinner today and went to eat at a little noodle shop just around the corner from the school. Some of the Kaiyin group, Shaw & Tiffany, Debbie, Andrea, Amanda, Ryan & Joey took us there. It was fun to visit with them some and do something different outside of our regular Kaiyin cafeteria dinners (which are still fabulous of course :). Afterward we hit up the market for 5 jiao ice cream. Mmmmm. I love ice cream, I do. And! I got Tarah's letter in the mail today which also contained money for an ice cream outing on her and tinker bell socks. I don't know why she sent the socks, nor do I know why they are tinker bell... but I love them, so... mei wen ti.

Thanks Tarah :)

1 comment:

  1. ha, sarah....they were awesome. I saw them in the store and thought, "Hmm...it's hot and humid in China, and I want nothing more than to get these tinkerbell socks for sarah." THAT is why I got them. :) And I CANNOT tell you how relieved I am that China actually delivers mail from Tarah Westover. (well,at least some mail, but not ALL- those twurps)

    BY THE WAY....someday, will you take me back to China and take me to a hair salon and let me experience all that goodness with you? Awesome. I look forward to it. 22 days til you come home! Cant wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete