Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Children's Spectacle Performance...

It's finally here. I've talked about it for so long. Today was our Spectacle Children's Day Performance. And the day before our last with our kids. We skipped teaching to run through the performances once more. It was so great! The performances themselves, the costumes, music. Such a great show. Leo did so great in his lead as the Frog Prince and Bella as the Princess, and all of them did so well in the Medley. Jillie and Abs sang the song "For Good" from 'Wicked' and they sounded BEAUTIFUL, and ... we rocked our dance! Naturally. :) I was actually completely lost the entire time. Somehow. We've been practicing for like 2 months and I still got thrown off. (Says a lot about my ability in the first place, or the lack thereof) But it was fun :)

At the end of the show, the kids all went into the audience to find and give a gift to their dads for Fathers Day. Then, we were very unexpectedly ambushed... by ALL of the kids. Our kids and the Cambridge kids. They all gave us gifts and cards and hugs and 'thank you's' and their parents took pictures. Sweet Angel started crying. She didn't even want to give us our cards because she was so sad we were leaving. The parents of the kids are so kind. Some of them gave us really nice gifts; 100% silk scarves, fans, cards, tea sets. Karen's parents gave all of us free admittance gift cards to an amusement park. Belinda came up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck and handed me something she made me and said, "Teacha I will miss you. Thank you." :) and Leo. Leo brought tears to my eyes. I am going to miss them all sooo sooooooo much. A lot of us got kind of sad and a little emotional and the kids didn't understand. Alice was giving me a hug and I was crying and she touched my face and wiped my tears and said, "teacha, teacha... why?" :) Good question. Beats me. This is so much harder than I anticipated it to be. I love my China kids.

I'll post some pics later today or tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. I got a little teary-eyed reading this post. I'm sure that you have touched their lives in a positive way. It will be something you will always have fond memories of. Good job, teacha Sarah.

    ReplyDelete