Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oh brother.

So... living with 6 girls, it has come up, and is probably apparent (ha) that I am not really a huge social butterfly at home, that I've only ever been on 3 dates, and that I've never dated anyone. I'm not sure if it's because most of them have missionaries, boyfriends, fiancés, or just potentials at home so the topic often comes up, or if girls are just girls and in the 6 months we've all been together, they've asked. Either way, it is certainly known within our group. So! Tonight... I'm sitting on my bed and Kelle and Jillie come into the bedroom so I can show them something and somehow the conversation turned to just that, and how I need to learn from them how to be charming, and flirtatious so that I can get dates when I go home. Jillie, being the hysterical great little actress that she is proposed the idea that we do role plays. HA! First she had me be the guy and she tried to play me so that she could show me what to do in a situation like that. But I'm afraid my sarcasm and uncooperative attitude got in the way of things so Mikelle suggested that Sarah (me) should probably play the part of Sarah. Brilliant right? So, that is what we did. We rehearsed a number of situations. The first, Jillie was Sam (because apparently Sam and Sarah sound good together, :) haha. Oh Jillie). He wanted to go to dinner, but turns out he was weird, so it didn't work out. The next, was... Dionne-gae! Ah hu. The conversation went as follows:

Jillie (Dionne-gae): "Girl! Whaz up? My name's Dionne... [Mikelle, whose middle name is Dionne interupts]
Kelle: "Uhmmm, Hello!"
Jillie: "Oh, right. Sorry.... I mean, 'My name's... Dionne-GAE! What up girl!?"
Kelle: "That still has Dionne in it!"
HAHAHA
Dionne-gae was weird, but incredibly interesting so I accepted his dinner offer.
The next is nameless. But. He is from Frasier's Bottom West Virgina and spoke in the most feminine nasally voice I have ever heard (Jillie's acting is so great... I was almost crying I was laughing so hard) He was incredibly interested in my China trip, and rambled way way way too much about Mao. Ha. But again, he made me laugh too much so I couldn't possibly turn him down. That's my second date when I get home. Wow, would you look at me go!
The next... my personal favorite, was Nicholas, from... AUSTRAILIA. How perfect! :) He told me he's new in town but somehow he heard that I play 'futbol' so he asked me if I wanted to show him around to some good places to play and invited me to play with him and then go get frozen yogurt. Uhmmmm, yes please! Of course I accepted right away. I'm looking forward to that one :)

Anyway, I haven't laughed as hard as I did tonight in a little while. Kelle & Jillie are so great. Jillie is hilarious. Her improvising is incredible. I have no idea where she comes up with some of the things she says and does, ha... but it's great. Plus, now I'm set... 3 dates lined up for when I get home and one of them I'm actually looking forward to. Pretty good ratio if you ask me :)

p.s... Evidently, if I were one of Mickey's friends, I would be Pluto.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahahha! I wish so bad I would have been there...Ash Jillie and Kelle if I can sign up for one of their sessions when they get back in the states....OH! And...you have 4 dates when you get home. One with me you goof ball. :) Can't wait to see you....2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete