Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I ran 3 1/2 miles today. I had been running 3 and I bumped it to 3 1/2 this week. Because of our trip to Guangzhou I actually hadn't ran in 3 days so yesterday I decided not to jump right into 3 1/2 and I just ran just over 1 mile and I juggled for a while which was SO great. I love that. It feels so good to just get a foot on the ball again. My knee was really sore afterward but I'm sure it's getting worked... and that could be a really good thing for it. Anyway, so tonight after dinner I took my ball and walked to the track, but my dinner was a bit bigger than usual so rather than run right off I juggled some first, and then I went for my run. The weather tonight was perfect. Breeze, overcast, so gorgeous. So I gathered my rocks... (28) and started my run. I don't run with an ipod anymore because it's a bit pointless with mine. I think it began to just take more energy to run with it because I had to work to even get sound out of it. Anyway, I was running my laps today thinking to myself, 'anyone can do this. anyone could run any distance. I could even run a marathon... running is all in your head. It's a mind game. 6 months ago there is no way I could ever run 28 laps around a track without stopping and I certainly couldn't do it without music... and now, I do.

After my run today my knee felt like it had run a marathon. I think I really pushed it today, but I'm not so good at reading my body. There aren't shooting pains or anything so I don't know if it is a good think and it is just sore because it's not used to being worked or if my body is trying to tell me to stop and give it a rest. I will keep going and we'll see how it feels. But it feels good. It is such a great exciting thing when you set a goal for yourself and you are accomplishing it. It feels SO GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment