Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Goodbye's aren't my thing...

I couldn't have laid out a better agenda for the last two days I have in China. I spent both days with Sonia. She came to Zhongshan when I couldn't go to Shenzen. We had dinner with the Bond teachers all at Bond. Michael, Jenny and Denial made us dinner. We ate, and toasted, and laughed and talked. It was so much fun, as always with the Chinese. Then we all piled into the school bus and went to Karaoke. I didn't do much singing, but everyone else did. And SONIA. WOW. She has such a great voice. I played this dice game with Jaimie and Sonia. They both kicked my butt, but it was fun. The entire night, the Chinese teachers were individually bringing us gifts and notes from them. There were lots of Hugs and tears. Aike, sweet sweet Aike was so emotional. She made us earrings. All of us, and when it was time to go she was so sad. She bawled. It was so sad giving our last hugs and goodbyes. So hard.

Wednesday was another fun day. We got our hair washed, got smoothies, took pictures with the kids, packed our luggage, and for yet another set of goodbye's... we met John at the bus station and Sonia and him took all of us out for our last dinner in China. He was so sweet to do it. We had to be quick and catch the bus home, so my goodbye to Sonia was very quick. Gosh I love her so much. I've become a lot closer with her, and John both and it was really really hard to say goodbye. I wish I could stay longer and be there with them and see the girls. But I couldn't. And that's alright. Wo ai Zhonguo

No comments:

Post a Comment