Monday, May 31, 2010

Celebrating Two Holidays

In China today, it is Children's Day!
In honor of, we did not teach but rather we celebrated with a series of games and prizes for the kids and ended the day early with a big luncheon. All of the parents were there complete with cameras and video cam's.

And in America today, it's Memorial Day! I'm so grateful for the country I live in. Having the opportunity to travel and experience other countries like this has been so great. It's eye opening and has helped me develop a real love and appreciation for my country. Of the 6 + billion people populating the earth today, it's hard not to wonder what my life would be like if I were not born into America. What if I were raised in the Sudan? or Cambodia? China? or Nigeria? What would my life be like? Would I be starving? homeless? Would I still be alive? Would I be able to practice my religion of choice? Makes you wonder how or why we're so blessed to be where we are. But so grateful. And I am. I'm so grateful for the men and women that have given their lives for our country so that we have the freedoms we have today. Not only those who have in the past but those who are serving and protecting our great nation today.

Happy Memorial Day!... and Children's Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment