Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hmmm, what to do today?

We don't have that much time left in China.

The last couple of days we have been trying to do more than just take the bus home after school because our time here is so quickly coming to an end. Yesterday, Jillie and I walked to the park down the street from our school and we spent the afternoon there. We walked around, took pictures, sat and visited. And all the while, we didn't worry about anything! We didn't think about having to be somewhere or do anything but just what we were doing then. And it was sooo great! We chatted, had some great conversations. And on top of that we stopped for cheesecake and a mango slush on our way home. Mmmm. So good!

That was yesterday, and today! Today Jillie and I took the school bus to ju yuan and missed the bus, so we went into the clothing store right there, where I bought a GREAT skirt for Tarah. I love it. She gave me a few bucks to buy her some things and she will love this skirt. I'm excited to give it to her. Also... again (my latest weakness) we got another Mango smoothie. Oh they are just too good to say no to. Ah! We finally caught the bus and we took it down to Jusco. We got off and walked to the bridge and walked along the river. It's so beautiful down there. We've always taken the bus past there and thought how lovely it looks so today we finally went and explored a little bit. We found a random Museum on our walk. It was very small, and looked a little bit deserted. It certainly wasn't a very busy or well known museum. So we went in, hoping they wouldn't charge us on our way out. It was incredible. It was a Children's Art Museum and it was really magnificent. We loved it.

It was fun. Fun to just get out and see the city and again just walk, just look, just enjoy.
My run tonight was really great. I ran 2 miles and it is getting easier the more I do it. Just like most things tend to. Next week I will probably bump it to 3 and I hope to be doing 5 by the time I go home. That is the goal anyway.
Every night at the track there are a handful of kids playing soccer. And every night I want so bad to jump in and ask them if I can play with them. I have yet to do it, but I want to... eventually. And I plan on getting a soccer ball as well. Goodness I miss it. I miss it so much. Sometimes I just want to get my ball and go out and juggle. Or just take shots, or just kick it up against the wall. I don't know.

Something that irritates me a little bit. I shouldn't let it irritate me. But it's a little bit hard not to. We get fruit every day from Michael, and today we got a watermelon. I came home after dinner and I cut it all up and put it into a big bowl for everyone later one when we could get it out and eat it all together. But... that was not the case. Rather, I was in my bedroom writing in my journal and doing some reading and I took a break and went out to have some watermelon with everyone because I heard everyone out there. I went out to find the ENTIRE HUGE bowl of watermelon that I HAD CUT UP for EVERYONE was gone. None left. I said, "oh! hey it's a party out here." then I walked up and saw the bowl and I took a little piece that was left and said, "Wow. Thanks for leaving some watermelon you guys. Really. You shouldn't have." I wasn't really suuper jokey or nice when I said it either. I definitely had an irritated tone to my voice. Then I turned around and went right back into my room as they were saying "oh yeah, (haha hahaha)" giggling the entire time of course as if they had done nothing wrong. And Jillie said, "I kept telling them to stop and leave some for my roommate." But she's full of it. Jillie could care less. Anyway, I just looked at them and said, "mei shi... mei shi" but really. I was and am frustrated. I just don't get it. That has not been the first time that has happened and we get 3 meals a day and we get fruit to bring home so that fruit is supposed to be our snack for when we do get hungry. And for me... because I do care about my funds and I don't like to spend all my money on food which everyone else does anyway, I really look forward to that fruit because it helps me not want to buy anything when I am hungry. But they are just so self absorbed. Rarely do they think of those around them. Just a little minor irritation that I wanted to vent about a little. But it's fine. No worries.

Pura Vida.

No comments:

Post a Comment